In the modern century we live in that offers thousands of opportunities, a variety of choice and technical excellence, isn’t it fascinating that we have so many uses for a product that is virtually ancient? Vinegar was “discovered” over 10,000 years ago when a cask of wine went bad and people in France called the newly discovered product “sour wine”, or vinegar as we call it. For so many centuries vinegar has always had multiple purposes, used as a condiment for making pickled vegetables at ancient Greece, for drinking it as a beverage and even like a medicine for numerous of diseases. Nowadays we still use vinegar many different ways. Mostly for seasoning our salads, vinegar is also great for cleaning the house. It is safe, non-toxic and has a multitude of useful applications. Today we are going to share with you some very helpful and easy ideas on how to use vinegar for cleaning your house. This is part two of our series, be sure to have a look at our previous article!
- Clean the microwave – You can de-grease and remove all the accumulated dirt in your microwave by boiling a cup of water and white distilled vinegar. This will loosen all the dirt, so you can remove it easily with a cloth or damp sponge and it will also neutralise the food smell. If kitchen appliances at your workplace’s resting room don’t look great, don’t forget to ask for additional assistance the office cleaning provider next time.
- Clean the refrigerator – You can clean your refrigerator to perfection and neutralise the smells by washing it with a mixture of white distilled vinegar and water. You can also use this solution for cleaning and disinfect wood cutting boards.
- Ant deterrent – Vinegar also works great for deterring ant invasions at your home, simply wash the countertops, cabinets, shelves, drawers and floors with white distilled vinegar.
- Cleaning stainless steel appliances – Vinegar removes easily stains and streaks from stainless steel appliances. Simply rub them with a damp cloth with vinegar.
- Dishes and glass wear cleaner – If you mix your regular dishwasher soap with a bit of vinegar and then run the dishwasher a full cycle, all dishes and glasses will then look like brand new.
- Remove the bathtub film – Bathtub film and residue can really be an issue and hard to remove. From mineral residue due to hard water to soapy and sticky residue, you can easily remove them by washing the bathtub with vinegar and then with soda. After that rinse, the bathtub with clear water and you are ready to go!
- Toilet bowl cleaner – Stains can be easily removed from the toilet bowl by brushing with white distilled vinegar. Allow it to remain for a couple of hours and then flush. Your toilet will look like brand new and all the odour will be also neutralised.
- Unclog the showerhead – Well, vinegar is great for even unclogging the showerhead or faucets that don’t look their best due to corrosion. Simply soak them in white distilled vinegar overnight and then rinse with clear water. Crystal shine is impressive, we promise you!
Here are not one, but seven easy and efficient ways to clean burnt on food from your cookware!
Today we share with you a few simple and not-energy-requiring at all ideas on how to maintain your home clean between the professional visits.
No matter if you are a cooking virtuoso, or a newbie in the kitchen, here is how you can maintain the kitchen clean while you cook.
Spring is the time when your pets are shedding, but there are a few effective solutions to this “hairy” situation.